Oxygen Medical Aid
Oxygen medical aid merged with Medshield medical
aid in 2010. With that merger it became part of one of the largest medical aid schemes in South
Africa that covers more than a quarter of a million members. With a company that big it is nearly impossible
not to find medical aid options that suit your pocket and lifestyle.
Oxygen medical offers 3
plans to choose from, these plans mostly focus on in hospital treatment but some of them do have savings
accounts to help cover your day to day medical costs.
Plus: The Core Plus plan is suitable for healthy and active families or singles, that needs major
hospital cover. These benefits are mostly for in-hospital treatment and are provided by network hospitals. This
option is a good choice if you are looking for affordable medical aid, as you only pay for one child.
• Unlimited hospital cover, paying 100% of Oxygen
• Unlimited GP’s and Specialists in-
• Limited Radiology and
• Oncology limit of R20000 per
• Procedure based internal prosthesis limit of R27
• Organ transplant and dialysis limit of R250
• Mental health limit of
• 26 chronic diseases
• Out of hospital maternity benefits of 12 doctors
visits and 2 scans.
Essential: The Essential plan is a plan with a hospitalization limit but with an added self managed
savings account. The hospitals are also network provided for this option. As with the Core Plus plan you pay only
for one child. This plan also has a separate maternity benefit added. Most of the benefits in this plan are also in
hospital benefits. This plan requires co-payments.
• Annual overall hospitalization limit of R800 000
in a network hospital. This limit pays at 100% of the Oxygen rate. It includes: GP and Specialists, Radiology,
Pathology and Oncology.
• Dialysis and organ transplant benefit of R200
• Internal prostheses and mental health benefits
are on selected conditions only.
• Out of hospital savings account benefits: Main
member R2664, Adult R2340, Child R864
• Maternity benefits are the same as the Core Plus
Standard: This plan covers for major in hospital treatment, but have restricted chronic medication
benefits. This plan also has a savings account to cover for day to day medical costs. The hospitals differ from the
previous plans, with this plan you can visit any hospital. The standard plan also acquires co-payments. You only
pay for the first child.
• Unlimited overall annual hospital cover that
includes; Radiology, pathology, GP’s and specialists. This is covered at 100% of the Medshield
• Oncology benefit of R300
• Dialysis and organ transplant benefit of R250
• Mental health benefit of
• Internal prosthesis benefit of
• Covers 26 chronic
• Out of hospital savings plan: Main member R4056,
Adult R3480, Child R1824.
• Maternity benefits are the same as the other
For medical aid quotes at Oxygen medical aid, you could fill out an online form
here or contact and independent medical aid
broker. The broker will supply you with all the necessary information to choose a plan that suits you and your
© Medical Aid Plan