Medshield Medical Aid
In 2010 Medshield medical aid merged with Oxygen
medical aid into one of the largest medical aid schemes in South Africa with hundreds of thousands of members.
They pride themselves on good service and affordable premiums. Medshield medical
has a GP network of more than 4000 listed GP’s who are Designated Service Providers
The main positive in a company this big is that
they can offer you affordable medical aid with a lot of different options to choose from. These options vary a lot
and you will find one that suits your personal, family and lifestyle needs.
Aside from the 3 Oxygen medical aid plans (Oxygen Core-Plus, Oxygen
Essential and Oxygen Standard) Medshield medical aid offers 5 additional medical aid plans to choose
The 80% plan:
- This plan offers unlimited in hospital cover
at the Medshield network of hospitals.
- For day to day cover the plan pays 80% of
Medshield rates, the rest is due by the member.
- Co –payments are required for certain
- An annual day to day limit of R8000 per
- 26 chronic diseases are covered in this
- Rates starts form R 2676 per
- This plan has limited hospital cover in a
Medshield network hospital (Overall annual limit of R500 000 per family)
- A maximum annual day to day limit of R3600
per family exists.
- Co-payments are required on certain
- Chronic benefits are based on a
- Rates starts from R1071 per
- This plan has in-hospital cover at up to 200%
of the Medshield rates at network hospitals.
- This plan has an unlimited overall annual
- Chronic benefit of R10500 per beneficiary
limited to R21000 per family.
- Day to day limit of R10400 per
- 21 GP visits per
- Cover starts at R2787 per
- This plan offers unlimited in-hospital
benefits at Medshield network hospitals.
- Chronic diseases cover of up to R9300 per
- A day to day limit of up to R7700 per
- Up to 19 GP visits per family per
- Rates starts at R1791 per
- This plan has unlimited in-hospital cover at
Medshield network hospitals, Cover are paid up to 200% of the Medshield rates.
- Chronic disease benefits limited to
- This plan has a personal savings plan to
cover your day to day medical costs.
- GP visits are calculated according to the
funds available in the savings plan.
- Cover starts at R2748 per month of which a
savings portion of R687 is included.
All of the Medshield Medical Aid plans include; maternity, child
inoculation, oncology, ambulance, emergency services and additional benefits depending on the plan chosen. Using
non-network hospitals and doctors will result in additional co- payments.
For medical aid quotes at Medshield medical aid,
you can visit their website or employ the services of a medical aid broker. The involved parties will help you
acquire a plan that suits both your pocket and your individual needs. © Medical Aid Plan
To get your medical aid plan quote by email Click Here