Bestmed Medical Scheme Offers Excellent Medical Care to
scheme has been around for over 43 years and pride themselves on a 99.2% claims payout within 15
days. They offer a wide range of plans to South Africans that can provide you with affordable medical aid
cover that suits the personal needs of each member of your family. Bestmed have recently merged with Minemed
to make the cover they provide even more affordable.
With their Healthy habits program Bestmed in conjunction with CANSA is bringing sun
care to schools, teaching children about the effects the sun has on
your skin as well as how to prevent the serious consequences sun damage can
Bestmed medical scheme has 3 ranges of medical plans available; the benefits vary from
plan to plan as with all the other medical schemes.
The Beat range:
The beat range is in essence a hospital plan that pays
for in- hospital treatment with an additional out of hospital cover depending on the plan you
• Beat 1: Pays 100% of scheme rates for in–hospital
treatment with out of hospital wound care cover.
• Beat 2: Pays 100% of scheme rates for in-hospital
treatment with an additional savings account to cover your day to day needs.
• Beat 3: This plan pays 100% of scheme tariffs for
hospital treatment; it also includes a medical savings account for day to day expenses as well as maternity
• Beat 4: This plan pays 100% scheme rates in-hospital and has an additional savings account for day to day
benefits. Should your savings account be depleted the rest are paid with limits out of the schemes risk fund. This
plan also includes a vested savings account where unused savings are transferred to the next
The pace range includes a larger savings account to
cover day to day benefits as well as hospital cover.
• Pace 1: This plan includes a day to day part as well
as hospital cover paid at 100% of the scheme rates.
• Pace 2: This option pays 100% of scheme rates for hospital treatment and includes day to day
• Pace 3: This option includes a vested savings account as well as day to day cover and hospital cover paid
at 100% of scheme rates.
• Pace 4: Hospital cover is paid at 100% of scheme rates. The plan includes a very big savings account for
day to day cover.
The pulse range provides full out of hospital benefits
provided by network service providers only.
• Pulse 1: 100% Scheme rate cover for in-hospital care.
Day to day includes 7 network GP visits per member and 2 out of network GP visits per
• Pulse 2: Hospital cover is provided at 100% of scheme
rates. Day to day cover includes unlimited network GP visits and 2 out of network GP visits per
As with all other medical aid schemes Bestmed medical scheme also have set rules that the members have to follow and comply
with. You can find out more about Bestmed by visiting this page. © Medical Aid Plan.