Discovery Medical Scheme
Walks the Extra Mile
At Discovery medical scheme you will find a wide
range of medical aid options available, ranging from comprehensive plans to hospital plans. Aside from all the
options Discovery has added additional measures, plans and options to ensure that you receive all the medical cover
you need in an emergency.
If you consider all these extra benefits and options, choosing a Discovery medical scheme might just ensure
that you receive affordable medical aid that has you covered when you need it most. You will be hard pressed
to find another medical scheme that goes this far to assist their members.
To get your
medical aid plan quote by email Click
The additional options and plans
The Emergency HealthID:
• Discovery medical
scheme provides all members with a HealthID QR sticker to stick onto their
• These stickers are scanned by emergency services
personnel with their smart phones.
• The HealthID includes all the information the
emergency personnel needs to give you the proper treatment as fast as possible.
• They will also be informed of any existing
conditions and allergies you have.
• The few moments it takes to scan your sticker
could save your life in an emergency.
• Discovery has an emergency number to assist you
in any emergencies.
• The number is available 24/7 and you will
receive immediate emergency assistance.
• Discovery pays for emergency transport from your
hospital benefits and not your savings account.
• This benefit provides emergency medical costs
for each member during international travel
• The cover is valid for 90 days from you
leaving South Africa.
• On some of the plans the cover is R5 million.
And on other plans R10 million.
The Africa Benefit:
• This benefit covers emergency evacuation from
certain countries in Africa to South Africa.
• Should you need the evacuation call the
international SOS, they will clear the evacuation and send a recovery team to collect
• You will receive medical treatment in South
• This cover is only available for medical
• Discovery will pay the casualty costs should you
be admitted to hospital from the casualty unit.
The trauma recovery extender option; pays for
certain day to day costs in these events:
• Crime related injury, near drowning, severe
allergic reactions and poisoning. You can claim after 5 days in the ICU.
• Paraplegia due to blunt force trauma to the
spine. You can claim if you experience severe loss of strength and efficacy of your
• Quadriplegia. Claim amounts are based on BETA or
FIMS score indicators.
• Severe burns: More than 15% full surface burns
• Brain injuries. Requires ICU stay of 5 or more
days to claim.
• Amputations: Loss of limb due to traumatic
Not many medical aid schemes go to these measures
to ensure their members receive prompt medical care in emergency situations.
With all these extras built in or available it is evident that Discovery
medical scheme cares for their member’s and will walk the extra mile to ensure that proper health care is
available. © Medical Aid Plan.
get your medical aid plan quote by email Click