Why Medical Cover is Essential
Lots of people ask the same question every day, why is medical cover essential?
South Africa has a dual health care system, where you can find medical assistance in both private and public hospitals.
The process of finding medical care in the public sector is a tedious and time consuming process that involves many channels to go through.
The public system also has limited resources and you might not find the right services or medication you need in time for a speedy recovery. A lot of the local inhabitants believe you go to public hospitals to die. Sometimes you even get lucky and are referred to a traditional healer to cleanse your soul first.
To get your medical aid plan quote by email Click Here
Private health care is extremely expensive, and hence the need for medical cover. An uncomplicated birth for example can cost in excess of R100 000 that excludes any possible ICU treatments additional blood for the mother and any other medication that is needed.
Should you be in a serious accident the radiology costs alone can be thousands, that does not even cover ambulance, trauma unit, ICU, surgery and therapy. These costs could run up to millions depending on the time you spend in hospital and extent of your injuries.
Health insurance in South Africa can be expensive, but it might be crucial to your physical and financial survival.
What is medical insurance?
Medical insurance is insurance taken out against you and your family’s health, to cover the costs of private healthcare. You pay a monthly premium for this service.
The benefits of a medical aid:
• You will financially survive the high costs of private medicine be it doctors, hospitals or specialists.
• Your family will have peace of mind and would not have to worry about you being in a public hospital where the services are sub-standard and the facilities limited.
• You will receive the best medical care possible.
• You will receive additional benefits according to the kind of cover you choose.
The kinds of medical plans available:
• Hospital plans cover you for most of the cost incurred while you are in hospital, they do not cover your day to costs, but at least you will be covered should you need to go to hospital.
• Comprehensive plans provide both day to day and hospital cover.
• Network options cover both day to day and hospital but it is limited to a network of chosen service providers.
Why medical cover is essential a recap:
• You will be covered for your medical costs at private medical service providers. Saving you from the financial worries regarding the high fees they charges.
• You will receive premium healthcare.
• You have different options and levels of cover to choose from.
Medical insurance is essential to survive financially and physically in a country where the public health system operates way below par. © Medical Aid Plan
COMPLETE THIS FORM TO GET YOUR MEDICAL AID QUOTES!
Your medical aid quote will include options to suit your pocket. Please ensure that the cover you select is exactly what you need and that you understand exactly what insurance you are buying. Do not hesitate to ask questions about the medical aid or hospital cover you choose.
To read an excellent article about Medical Payout Ceilings, go here