Oneplan Health Insurance
Have you made any plans to improve your healthcare portfolio?
If not, we strongly suggest that you take a look at Oneplan Health Insurance.
What is Oneplan Health Insurance?
Well, what Oneplan Health Insurance isn’t, is a membership to a medical aid scheme.
Oneplan hospital cover s is a short-term insurance policy that gives you access to:
- Private health care
- Easy and immediate claims
- Cash in your pocket BEFORE visiting the doctor
- No restrictions on which GP to use
- Affordable monthly premiums
This is hospital cover PLUS day-to-day benefits that are all wrapped up into one easy-to-understand policy.
Now, you can kiss goodbye to reams of paperwork and fancy terminology.
Oneplan policy wording is plain and simple.
The Oneplan motto is honest and upfront insurance.
It prides itself on providing “real insurance for real people.”
It only takes a minute to get Oneplan Health Insurance.
This simplicity of access adds credence to the company’s policy that while life may be complicated, insurance
About the Oneplan Health Insurance App
Another great benefit of opting for this type of health insurance is the Oneplan App.
Once loaded onto your smartphone, you can talk to a qualified nurse or a professional team member. They are there
to answer all of your medical-related questions and are at your service 24/7.
You can even lodge your claims once you have downloaded this clever app.
And then there’s Onecard
When you join Oneplan Health Insurance you are issued with aOnecard.
Think of Onecard as a debit card.
Because that’s exactly how it works.
You get paid BEFORE visiting the doctor!
You lodge a claim for your GP’s consultation via your Oneplan App.
Your Onecard is loaded with sufficient funds to cover the cost of your visit.
Now, how great is that?
Oneplan Health Insurance options
There are four different levels of health insurance policies, starting at R333 a month.
What you get
- GPs - up to R300 per visit to your doctor
- Prescription medicine - up to R133 for prescription
- Baby and child immunisations
- Flu vaccinations
- Chronic medication
- Pathology - up to R390 per event
- Radiology – up to R390 per event including sonars, ultrasounds, mammograms, bone density, barium meal or
enemas, CT and MRI scans
- Dentistry – up to R520 per visit, restricted to three visits annually and includes fillings, extractions,
fluoride treatment, root canal, dentures, crowns and bridges
- Dread Disease - cover for heart attack, coronary artery surgery, heart valve replacement, stroke, cancer,
organ transplants and brain tumours (subject to conditions stipulated in your policy)
- Maternity - up to R520 for pre-natal examinations, restricted to three visits per pregnancy and further
limited to R1 566 annually
- Optometry - up to R920, restricted to one claim per dependent every two years
- Casualty (illness) - up to R4800 for emergency treatment in a casualty unit with a R200 excess amount
(other conditions may apply)
- Casualty (accident) up to R4800 for out-patient treatment in a casualty unit with an excess amount of R200
(other conditions may apply)
- Accident Cover - up to R130 000 per beneficiary, restricted to R260 000 per family, per event with an
excess of R500 (other conditions may apply)
- Accident Disability – limited to R170 000 and only applicable to the principal policyholder
- Family Death Cover - Principal R6 500, Spouse/PartnerR6 500, children 14-21 yearsR6 500,children 6-13 years
R3 250, children 1-5 years R1 600, unborn infants from 28 weeks R980
Other Oneplan benefits
Other benefits include:
- Assault and traumacounselling
- Accidental HIV treatment and protection services
- Repatriation - up to R12 200 per beneficiary
- Ambulance and Emergency Services
What your Oneplan cover does NOT include
- GP consultations after your annual limits have been reached
- Alternative medical practitioners such as acupuncturists, chiropractors, herbalists, homeopaths and
- Other specialist medical practitioners as stipulated in your policy
- Over the counter medications
- Impotence, infertility and acne medications
- Stimulants, tonics and supplements
- Medication for mental illness and learning issues
- Pathology - DNA testing, infertility and sperm counts
- Dentistry - gum guards, gold inlays and wisdom teeth
- Optometry – spectacles, contact lenses, lens tinting, sunglasses and low prescription lenses
Get an online quote for Oneplan
It takes a minute to apply for Oneplan Health Insurance.
Visit their online site and select one of three options:
- Provide your name,cell phone number and the plan of your choice
- Ask for an agent to contact you
- Apply directly online by pressing the “sign up for health insurance” tab if you have decided on the plan of
You can even calculate how much your monthly premium will cost based on your number of dependants and your
Pointers to remember• Benefits vary according to the level of the policy you
• There are waiting periods for certain medical conditions.
• Excess amounts are payable for certain medical procedures.
It is important to understand the difference between medical aid and health insurance cover.
Many members of medical aid schemes choose to improve their healthcare portfolios with a medical health insurance
The primary reason is that medical schemes seldom cover the full cost of hospital treatments, leaving their members
with hefty bills to pay out of their own pockets.
Oneplan places health care firmly into the hands of their policyholders.
• They get to choose the benefits best for their needs.
• They get to choose how much they can afford to spend on premiums.
• Basically, they get to choose what they need and when they need it.
Healthcare without insurance
Remember, health insurance is no longer a luxury but an absolute necessity if you want to avoid sub-standard
People without health insurance have to rely on State hospitals and clinics where there are no creature
• There is no luxury of a set-time doctor’s appointment. Waiting your turn can take up most of the
• Medication is dispensed free-of-charge but the efficacy to treat the symptoms may be less than
• Non-life-threatening illnesses and ailments can see patients on a waitlist for several years. And that
includes pain-filled conditions needing hip replacements and failing eye-sight needing cataract removal.
When you take these factors into consideration, having health insurance simply makes sense.
COMPLETE THIS FORM TO GET YOUR MEDICAL AID
Your medical aid quote will include options to suit your pocket. Please ensure that the cover you
select is exactly what you need and that you understand exactly what insurance you are buying. Do not hesitate to
ask questions about the medical aid or hospital cover you choose.