Medical Aid Quote

Please fill in the Medical Aid Quote form below and submit. You will receive a customised quotation by return email so you can examine the various options available to you and compare medical aids. This is a useful medical quote system used by thousands of South Africans every day.


Medical Aid QuoteNOTES:

Your medical aid quote will include options to suit your pocket. Please ensure that the cover you select is exactly what you need and that you understand exactly what insurance you are buying. Do not hesitate to ask questions about the medical aid or hospital cover you choose.

Essentially there are three kinds of medical aid:

  1. Actual medical schemes that have various levels of cover which includes cover for the Prescribed Minimum Benefits (laid down by law) and also 26 chronic conditions. Each level usually has some kind of hospital cover as well as dental cover. These major medical funds of which Discovery Medical Aid is the largest in South Africa, cover all diagnostic procedures, doctors, specialists and medications. How much will be covered depends on the level of membership you select. There are two kinds of medical funds: open schemes, which anyone can join, and closed schemes, which only members of certain companies and industries can join. It is illegal to belong to more than a single medical scheme at once.
  2. Hospital cover covers your hospital stay, and those of your dependents, at set rates. It excludes everything else, so make sure that hospital cover is what you are after and not something more comprehensive. Just about every insurance company and medical aid offers some kind of hospital plan so be sure to shop around for the best deal. Clientele offers great deals on hospital insurance.
  3. Gap cover is a type of insurance that is meant to bridge the divide between what your medical expenses will actually be and how much your medical scheme will cover. It is a way to avoid having to make a contribution from your pocket. Remember that the definition of “pay in full” means different things to different medical aids, and often how they define “pay in full” is not how the rest of us understand it. They might just pay their own rates in full and not the actual amount of the medical bill in full. This is something you don’t want to discover only when it is too late.

Do you need a medical aid cover?

About 16% of the population of South Africa belongs to medical schemes and millions have hospital plans. The other 84% of South Africans, or 42 million people, rely on the public health system, which is stretched and even collapsing in some areas. You owe it to yourself and your family to sign up for some kind of medical cover so you can get private health care if required.

There is no best medical aid scheme in South Africa. It all depends on what your requirements are and how much you can afford. Getting a medical quote is the best way to find out both. © Medical Aid Plan



Latest Posts

  • What Medical Schemes Offer and Do Not Offer

    Medical schemes in South Africa overview including a list of the biggest medical aids and the different plans available and their limits. Fill in the form and receive a comparative quote by email.

    Read more

  • What is a Medical Scheme

    What is a medical scheme Find all the answers here about medical aid schemes in South Africa and gap cover. Fill in the form and receive a comparative quote by email. Act now!

    Read more

  • Momentum Medical Aid

    Momentum Medical Aid information that South Africans can use to make informed decisions about medical scheme and hospital cover choices.

    Read more

Share via
Copy link