Bankmed Medical Scheme
Bankmed medical scheme is a scheme created by bankers with bankers in mind. The scheme started in 1914 and was registered as a closed medical aid scheme in 1998.
Bankmed medical aid provides medical aid plans for more than 200 000 members and dependants. They also have a rewards programme that rewards members for healthy living.
Their plans are created with the welfare of their members as the main focus point. They have both network and comprehensive plans that provide ample benefits and additional programmes for their members. The scheme is administrated by Metropolitan Life and shares the rewards programme with them.
Who may become a member of Bankmed?
As a closed medical aid scheme, only people employed by the companies that are contracted to the Bankmed medical scheme may join the scheme.
What special benefits does Bankmed medical offer their members?
Screening and preventative measures:
• Vaccinations based on the government’s vaccination charts, flu vaccines and pneumococcal vaccines for children.
• Female screening including Pap smears, bone densitometry and mammograms.
• Male screening including prostrate examinations and blood tests.
• General screening including blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar, diabetes, obesity, dental, visual, ECG, cancer tests, and HIV/AIDS tests.
Special care programmes for:
• Bipolar disorder.
• Baby and Me and baby programme.
Personal stress assessment:
• This is a personal stress test taken online; the results will advise you should you need treatment.
• This is an app on the Bankmed medical scheme website where you can find disease information sorted according to anatomical regions.
• The app provides you with medical information regarding the diseases in the specific anatomical sites.
• It is not a diagnostic tool, barely an informative tool.
Multiply rewards programme:
• Multiply is the rewards programme offered by the scheme.
• For a monthly fee you will receive discounted rates and special offers at selected Multiply partners. This includes shopping, online shopping, travel, flights, hotel stays, entertainment and gym memberships.
• The higher your Multiply points are, the more discount you will receive.
The scheme has 6 medical aid options available from which to choose. They are:
1. PMB plan
2. Basic plan
3. Core saver plan
4. Traditional plan
5. Comprehensive plan
6. Plus plan.
With all these bonus programmes and additional benefits, it’s clear that Bankmed medical scheme cares for their members.
In addition to the programmes and benefits, the
scheme has six different medical aid options available that provide their members with affordable medical aid
options and medical aid plans that suit their personal needs and provide them with great medical cover.
COMPLETE THIS FORM TO GET YOUR MEDICAL AID QUOTES!
Your medical aid quote will include options to suit your pocket. Please ensure that the cover you select is exactly what you need and that you understand exactly what insurance you are buying. Do not hesitate to ask questions about the medical aid or hospital cover you choose.