Medihelp Medical Aid
When it comes to medical aid South Africa is home to several large and sophisticated schemes that offer members access to world-class medical treatment and excellent facilities.
The Medihelp medical aid is one of the biggest schemes in South Africa. The company offers its members a variety of plans that are designed to fulfill every possible need.
What plans are offered?
There are five plans to choose from. The main benefits offered by each plan are as follows:
1. The Necesse Plan When making medical aid comparisons it will quickly become apparent that this hospital plan offers excellent value for money. It offers more than just cover for hospitalization costs, however. Members are offered certain day-to-day benefits but they are obliged to make use of the Neccesse network of medical service providers. If this is not done the member will have to accept liability for the cost incurred. The plan also includes medication for a variety of chronic conditions, but, once again, members must make use of approved service providers only. The specific types of medication that are available are also prescribed. In addition, the plan pays for X-rays and all the costs of hospitalization and emergency treatment.
2. The Dimension Prime 1 Plan This plan is designed for those that require comprehensive cover and that want to make use of service providers and treatment facilities of their own choice. The plan makes provision for full hospitalization benefits and even for certain preventive care procedures. The Prime 1 plan offers a range of day-to-day benefits, including trauma recovery treatments.
3. The Dimension Prime 2 Plan This plan is similar to the Dimension Prime 1 plan, but it offers extended benefits such as dentistry, optometry and many preventive care treatments and procedures.
4. The Dimension Prime 3 Plan This plan offers extensive cover for both in- and out-of-hospital medical expenses. All members have full access to emergency medical treatment, including transport to a treatment facility. Members also enjoy a wide range of benefits that includes dentistry, optometry and many preventive care procedures. General radiology and pathology benefits are also fully covered and members are able to receive treatment for more than two hundred and seventy conditions that include twenty-six chronic conditions. This treatment includes diagnostic processes and tests, general disease management and medication.
5. The Dimension Elite Plan The Elite plan offers a very wide range of benefits that include ample day-to-day medical care and comprehensive in-hospital benefits. Hospital benefits include the services of specialists. Members also enjoy across-the-board dentistry and optometry benefits. This plan furthermore includes several vaccinations, including flu, tetanus and HPV. Many diagnostic tests, such as pap smears, blood sugar tests, prostate examinations, mammograms and even HIV tests are included too. Members are entitled to pregnancy care and pediatric consultations.
The Medihelp medical aid strives to provide members with affordable health care options. In many cases members are able to upgrade their cover as their earnings rise or as their personal circumstances and needs change. Medihelp is one of the giants in South Africa because they keep abreast of the needs of their members. © Medical Aid PlanCOMPLETE THIS FORM TO GET YOUR MEDICAL AID QUOTES!
Your medical aid quote will include options to suit your pocket. Please ensure that the cover you select is exactly what you need and that you understand exactly what insurance you are buying. Do not hesitate to ask questions about the medical aid or hospital cover you choose.