Bonitas Medical Aid
The Bonitas medical aid is justly rated as one of the top medical aids in South Africa. This rating takes their large number of members as well as their extremely healthy financial state into consideration. It would be irresponsible to air the view that the state medical system is not able to provide quality care for all South Africans, but it is certainly true that the state has only limited resources. Millions of people opt for private health care plans because they realize that their lives and those of their families may be dependent upon obtaining the best possible care when health problems occur or when accidents happen. Joining the Bonitas medical scheme would go a long way to covering the costs of excellent healthcare and lend peace of mind to you and your family.
How to Decide Upon a Health Care Plan
Most medical aid schemes offer a variety of plans that range in price and the types of benefits that they offer to their members. Before selecting any plan, it may be useful to first examine the major benefits offered by the various schemes. It is equally important to budget responsibly. Many people base their final decision upon the outcome of a “what if” game. What if I contract a dread disease? What if I need an organ transplant? What if my child is in an accident and need life support? These are all important decisions and should influence the decision on what type of affordable health care should be chosen.
What Major Benefits Does Bonitas Medical Aid Offer?
- Bonitas offers full cover for all instances where hospitalization is necessary. In some cases it is required to obtain written permission from the scheme but such rules are waived in cases of emergency.
- Of the five plans on offer, only the Primary plan has a limit regarding the cost of medical care. This limit is currently one million rand per family per year.
- All the plans make provision for the treatment of chronic diseases and the medication that is necessary to manage those conditions. There are small differences, however, between the various Bonitas plans. The Standard plan has a limit of six thousand nine hundred rand per person per year but the BonEssential and BonSave plans provide unlimited cover at approved medical scheme rates.
- Some of the Bonitas medical cover plans also provide for a separate savings account. The funds in this account can be managed by the member to pay for out-of-hospital or day-to-day medical expenses. Money that has not been used is carried over to the following year.
- The Bonitas Primary and Standard plans require members to make use of medical practitioners that are part of their approved network of service providers. Keeping to this requirement helps members to avoid incurring additional cost that has to be paid out of their own pockets.
When considering one of the plans offered by Bonitas Medical Aid, it is advisable to keep both current and future needs in mind. Nobody wants to think about disease, death and accidents, but when these horrors happen everybody wants the best possible care and every possible chance to return to a normal lifestyle. © Medical Aid Plan
COMPLETE THIS FORM TO GET YOUR MEDICAL AID QUOTES!
Your medical aid quote will include options to suit your pocket. Please ensure that the cover you select is exactly what you need and that you understand exactly what insurance you are buying. Do not hesitate to ask questions about the medical aid or hospital cover you choose.